These mini strawberry and grapefruit cheesecakes, showcases one of Quebec’s more delectable fruits. They are wonderfully sweet and pair perfectly with the juicy pink grapefruit segments. Both fruits are macerated together and then nestled atop the mini cheesecakes to provide a truly refreshing and stunning appearance.
You will love the ease with which this recipe comes together. It is fairly simple to prepare and the cheesecakes can be baked ahead of time! As an added bonus, they are sure to impress!
Once baked the mini cheesecakes need to be properly chilled for at least 4 hours, so do plan ahead.
If using the more delicate sweet strawberries I would not recommend preparing the fruit ahead of time as it renders the strawberries with a lackluster appearance. For ultimate freshness, I prepared my fruit mixture just before serving.
With the red and white colors of the Canadian flag, these mini strawberry grapefruit cheesecakes make a delicious celebratory dessert for Canada Day or just about anytime one is craving a sweet little morsel!
Have a safe and fun filled Canada day everyone!
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons, melted butter
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened (250 grams each)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 grapefruits peeled and skin removed, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- For the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350* F (180 *C)
- Place paper liners in 12 cup muffin tin.
- For the crust, combine the graham crackers, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 2 tablespoons of melted butter in a small bowl.
- Divide equally into the 12 cup muffin tin, pressing the mixture down into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (on middle oven rack) until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, lower the oven temperature to 325*F (170*C).
- For the Cheesecakes
- In a food processor blend together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract and process until the mixture is creamy.
- You will need to scrape down the sides a few times to get the mixture blended well.
- Divide the mixture equally over the prepared crust.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or just until the cheesecakes are firm to the touch. Do not over bake the mini cheesecakes.
- Let the cheesecakes cool and then refrigerate them for 4 hours or until they are well chilled.
- Top with strawberry, grapefruit mixture just before serving.
- Strawberry Grapefruit Mixture
- In a medium size bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, grapefruit and sugar.
- Set the mixture aside for 5 minutes to macerate and then drain.