A simple yet delicious dish, Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes comes together in just under 30 minutes. It makes an ideal meal that’s perfect for busy week nights. But, also elegant enough for those special occasions.
Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
I turn to this sun dried tomato pasta dish over and over again to satisfy a quick carbohydrate fix.
All you’ll need are a few simple pantry ingredients to transform into a last minute meal that you can prepare in less time than it takes to cook the spaghetti.
You’ll want to start by bringing a large pot of water to a roaring boil. Once the pasta water has come to a boil, add in the salt followed by your pasta into the salted water.
While the pasta cooks, it’s time to start the quick sun dried tomato sauce!
And this pasta sauce simply consists of a quick sauté of some minced garlic, dried chilli peppers, chopped sun dried tomatoes. Then it’s tossed with the cooked and drained pasta.
A generous sprinkle of Parmesan love and parsley is all that’s needed to finish the pasta dish.
You’ll find it super easy to put together and packs a load of flavour!
It’s simple and yet elegant enough that you can present it as a gourmet meal!
Paired with a salad, you’ll have a complete meal in just under 30 minutes making it ideal for those hectic weeknights when your juggling chores and the kids homework.
Other use for sun dried tomatoes
Sun dried tomatoes are one of my all time favourite pantry condiment because of their sweet concentrated flavours and I always keep a jar around to enjoy all year round.
There are endless possibilities for oil packed sun dried tomatoes. Here are some of mine!
- Spread some goat cheese over crostini and top each with a sun dried tomato to serve as appetizers
- They’re also wonderful to use as a topping for focaccia bread
- Or simply layer them in your panini for extra flavour
Of course it goes without saying and I probably am starting to sound like a broken record but with so few ingredients in this pasta dish, a good quality extra-virgin olive oil is always essential!
Go ahead and make some Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes tonight, I’m sure you’ll love it!
Buon Appetito !
If you make this recipe remember to tag @marisasitaliankitchen on Instagram so I can see your creation!
Spaghetti With Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 454 grams of spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- salt and pepper to your taste
- 1 ½ cups oil packed sun-dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large sauce pan with cold water, bring to a boil and then add in the salt and spaghetti.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions or until al dente.
- A few minutes before the spaghetti is ready, add the oil in a large pan and heat on low.
- Add the minced garlic, the chili flakes, salt and pepper to your taste and cook on low heat for about 3 minutes while stirring frequently taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes just until heated through and then remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Toss the pasta to coat all over with the sauce.
- Add the parsley and then transfer to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and serve while still warm.