A simple yet delicious dish, Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes comes together in under 30 minutes making it an ideal meal that’s perfect for busy week nights but also elegant enough for those special occasions.
I always start any pasta dish with a base of some good quality extra-virgin olive oil! To this spaghetti sauce I added some minced garlic, dried chili peppers, chopped sun dried tomatoes and tossed in the cooked pasta. All that’s left to do is a generous sprinkle of Parmesan love and garnish with parsley.
You’ll find it super easy to put together and packs a load of flavor!
Its so simple and yet so elegant that you can present it like a gourmet meal!
I turn to this recipe over and over again to satisfy a quick carbohydrate fix and with just a couple of pantry items it can be transformed into a last minute supper that you can prepare in less time than it takes to cook the spaghetti.
Paired with a salad, you’ll have a complete meal in just under 30 minutes making it ideal for those hectic weeknights when your juggling chores and the kids homework.
Sun dried tomatoes are one of my all time favorite pantry condiment because of their sweet concentrated flavors and I always keep a jar around to enjoy all year round.
Top them over crostini, focaccia or just layering them in your panini. There are endless possibilities! 🙂
Of course it goes without saying and I probably am starting to sound like a broken record but with so few ingredients in this pasta dish, a good quality extra-virgin olive oil is always essential!
Go ahead and make some Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes tonight, I’m sure you’ll love it!
Buon Appetito !
If you make this recipe remember to tag @marisasitaliankitchen on Instagram so I can see your creation!
- 454 grams of spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons, extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves, minced garlic
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- salt and pepper to your taste
- 1 and ½ cups oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup, chopped fresh parsley
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large sauce pan with cold water, bring to a boil and then add in the salt and spaghetti.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions or until al dente.
- A few minutes before the spaghetti is ready, add the oil in a large pan and heat on low.
- Add the minced garlic, the chili flakes, salt and pepper to your taste and cook on low heat for about 3 minutes while stirring frequently taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes just until heated through and then remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Toss the pasta to coat all over with the sauce.
- Add the parsley and then transfer to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and serve while still warm.