Here’s a heavenly decadent cookie. Chock full of both semi-sweet and white chocolate chunks and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Soft and chewy with loads of gooey chocolate…just the way I like my cookies.
I brought these cookies into work yesterday and passed them around at the busiest time of the day. Loud time soon became quiet time as everyone blissfully munched on these cookies. A few very happy individuals proclaimed I was their new best friend…lol.
One thing I cannot do without when baking is the use of parchment paper. My best friend in the kitchen! The cookies slide right off with ease and clean-up is a breeze. Oh! That kind of rhymes doesn’t it! Anyhow, to continue, these cookies are ready to bake after mixing. However if you want a more concentrated chocolate flavor, chill the dough overnight.
When ready to bake remove the dough from the fridge and let it come to room temperature for about 1 hour before scooping out onto your cookie sheets. Do form tall scoops of dough and don’t flatten them.
The trick to a chewy, gooey cookie, is not to over bake them. I reduced the baking time down to 10 minutes rather than the 12 to 15 mins as called for in the recipe. If you like them crispier around the edges then do bake them for 12 minutes.
To Alexa, who has been patiently waiting for this recipe, here it is. Wishing you many wonderful adventures in your kitchen.
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbls unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp instant coffee granules
- ⅜ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl combine the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, coffee, salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream the butter and both the sugars together. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix till blended. Mix in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, chopped semi-sweet chocolate and chopped white chocolate.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, form balls into large walnut size chunks of dough. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, they should look just barely set with a shiny sheen. Remove from oven and let cool 15 mins.