When it comes to decadent cookies these Triple Chocolate Cookies certainly fit the bill.
This post was originally published on February 4, 2015 and republished Jan 31, 2019 with updated photos and content.
They’re a trifecta of pure cocoa and chock full of both semisweet and white chocolate chunks as well as white chocolate chips.
The addition of instant coffee granules elevates these heavenly cookies with amazing mocha flavour!
You’ll find them soft and chewy with loads of gooey melted chocolate when bitten into…just the way I like my cookies.
These triple chocolate cookies are just about ready to hit the oven right after mixing the dough together. However, if you love and want more of that concentrated chocolate flavour, then do chill the dough overnight.
This cookie dough is a rather stiff dough to start off with. So, if you do chill the dough overnight then simply remember to allow the dough to sit at room temperature for about an hour or two. This will make it easier to scoop out and bake.
A good old tablespoon is enough to scoop up chunks of cookie dough for baking. However, if you have a small ice-cream scoop of about 1 and a half inch to 2 inches, this would work even better. It allows you to swoop in and scoop and releases the cookie dough without much effort.
You’ll probably get a good 3 dozen medium size cookies…give or take a few!
However you can make them larger if you wish.
Simply remember to adjust the baking time accordingly for bigger cookies.
Tips for making soft triple chocolate cookies
A useful tip to chewy gooey cookies, is not to over bake them.
For cookies with soft and chewy centres, bake them for about 8 minutes. They’ll be very fragile when removed from the oven so allow them to cool in the baking pan placed over a cooling rack.
If you like them crispier around the edges then simply bake them for 10 to 12 minutes.
If you make this recipe remember to tag @marisasitaliankitchen on Instagram so I can see your creation!
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbls unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl combine the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, coffee, salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream the butter and both the sugars together. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix till blended. Mix in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, chopped semi-sweet chocolate and chopped white chocolate.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, form balls into large walnut size chunks of dough. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, they should look just barely set with a shiny sheen. Remove from oven and let cool 15 mins.