This bright and bold lemon spaghetti dish features succulent jumbo shrimps which have been marinated in a few simple ingredients such as EVOO, lemon rind, minced garlic and parsley.
You will love it for it’s simplicity and for how quickly it can be put together on a busy weeknight, or for those special weekend suppers.
How impressive is it with the spaghetti twirled high on a serving dish and mounted with the lemon garlic shrimp! I believe it merits an orgasmic sigh!
The amount of time to cook the shrimp will depend on their size. Mine were the 16/20 count per pound and required about a minute or so on each side.
For my lemon spaghetti recipe, I used quick peel black tiger shrimps which were already deveined. I removed the outer shell and kept the tail on. You can however use your favorite shrimp. You can also prepare this step ahead of time and keep the shrimp in the fridge until you are ready to marinate them. Once marinated, set them aside for 15-20 minutes. This allows the time to bring a large pot of water to a roaring boil.
Once the pasta is placed in the salted water, heat a large skillet to cook the shrimps. By the time the pasta is ready so are the shrimps. Just proceed with the rest of the recipe and you can have supper ready in less than 30 minutes.
When a recipe requires just a few simple ingredients, I believe the best and freshest are essential!
Twirling the spaghetti as in the photo will easily yield 6 portions. I find this more than enough especially when serving a multiple coarse meal. However, when serving as a main dish with a salad on the side, you will have 4 generous portions.
Make it tonight and impress friends and family with this relatively easy to make, Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp recipe.
- Shrimp Marinade
- 1¼ lb large shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pasta Lemon Sauce
- 454 grams spaghetti
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- lemon zest (from one lemon)
- salt to taste ( I used fine sea salt )
- pepper to taste
- In a bowl toss together the shrimp, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, chopped parsley and minced garlic.
- Set aside to marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- When water reaches a rapid boil, toss in the spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook in a single layer, for about 2 minutes turning them over once.
- Depending on the size of your pan, you may have to cook the shrimps in 2 batches.
- Once shrimps are cooked transfer to a plate.
- Whisk together the ½ cup extra virgin olive oil and ⅓ cup lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain the spaghetti reserving about 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti to your skillet with the lemon sauce and a little bit of the pasta water. Toss well.
- Add in the parsley and lemon zest and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in a little more pasta water to moisten if needed.
- Once plated, sprinkle more Parmesan cheese and add a small drizzle of EVOO if desired.