This bright and bold Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp is always a winner at my house!
This dish features succulent jumbo shrimps which have been marinated in a few simple ingredients. Aside from the shrimp and spaghetti, all you’ll need are extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, minced garlic and lots of parsley.
You’ll love this dish for it’s simplicity and for how quickly it can be put together on a busy weeknight! Or, for those very special weekend suppers.
How impressive is it with the spaghetti twirled high on a serving dish and mounted with the lemon garlic shrimp! I do believe it merits an orgasmic sigh!
Easy Peel Black Tiger Shrimp
Raw easy peel shrimp are an ideal choice for busy weeknights!
The shells are pre-cut and the shrimp are deveined for you. All you need to do is peel back the shell while leaving the tail intact.
You can do this ahead of time and keep the shrimp in the fridge until you are ready to marinate them.
Once marinated, set them aside for 15-20 minutes. This allows the time to bring a large pot of water to a roaring boil.
The amount of time to cook the shrimp will depend on their size. Mine were the 16/20 count per pound and required about a minute or so on each side.
Once the pasta is placed in the salted water, heat a large skillet to cook the shrimp. If your skillet is small, you can cook them in batches.
By the time the pasta is ready so are the shrimp. Just proceed with the rest of the recipe and you can have supper ready in less than 30 minutes.
When a recipe requires just a few simple ingredients, I believe the best and freshest are essential!
Twirling the spaghetti as in the photo will easily yield 6 portions. I find this more than enough especially when serving a multiple coarse meal. However, when serving as a main dish with a salad on the side, you will have 4 generous portions.
Make it tonight and impress friends and family with this relatively easy to make, Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp recipe.
Lemon Spaghetti with shrimp
- Shrimp Marinade
- 1 1/4 lb large shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon zest from 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pasta Lemon Sauce
- 454 grams spaghetti
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- lemon zest from one lemon
- salt to taste I used fine sea salt
- pepper to taste
- In a bowl toss together the shrimp, extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, chopped parsley and minced garlic.
- Set aside to marinate at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- When water reaches a rapid boil, toss in the spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook in a single layer, for about 2 minutes turning them over once.
- Depending on the size of your pan, you may have to cook the shrimps in 2 batches.
- Once shrimps are cooked transfer to a plate.
- Whisk together the 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil and 1/3 cup lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain the spaghetti reserving about 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti to your skillet with the lemon sauce and a little bit of the pasta water. Toss well.
- Add in the parsley and lemon zest and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in a little more pasta water to moisten if needed.
- Once plated, sprinkle more Parmesan cheese and add a small drizzle of EVOO if desired.