Watermelon and Arugula Salad
A mix of sweet and salty flavors, this Watermelon and Arugula Salad topped with some crumbled feta cheese is a real crowd pleaser.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch baby arugula
- 1 whole endive thinly sliced
- 1 mini cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly slice red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
In a small bowl whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
In a large bowl toss together the arugula, sliced endive, cucumber, red onion and fresh mint.
Divide the salad onto 4 individual plates.
Top each plate with the cubed watermelon and feta cheese.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve immediately.
If desired serve with maple leaf watermelon cut outs.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1235IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 1mg