Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
These moist and delectable Pumpkin Apple Streusel muffins are made with coconut oil, partially sweetened with honey and topped with a lovely cinnamon streusel.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil (cooled)
- 1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups peeled and diced apples about 2 medium apples
- Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING
Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter together in a small bowl. Using your hands, work the ingredients together till they resemble coarse crumbs. Refrigerate till ready to use.
Grease 18 muffin cups or line with paper cups.
In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt.
In a separate bowl combine the 2 large eggs, honey, coconut oil, pumpkin and whisk well.
Stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture just until all the ingredients are moistened.
Stir the apples into the batter mixture.
Spoon the muffin batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling up to 3/4 full.
Divide the streusal topping evenly over the muffins.
Bake on the middle rack of preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins are a golden brown and the tops spring back lightly to the touch.
You can also insert a wooden skewer in the middle to test if the muffins are done. If the skewer comes out clean then the muffins are ready.