Pan Roasted Pepper Salad
This Pan Roasted Pepper Salad makes an easy and delicious side dish to meat, poultry, or fish and can also be enjoyed on its own as a vegetarian dish.
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 4 sweet bell peppers seeded and roughly cut into1 inch pieces
- 2 onions peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces ( separate layers)
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- A bunch arugula rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup pomegranate Arils
- 1 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzlling
Pour the oil into a non stick frying pan and heat to medium high.
Add the cut peppers, onions and smashed garlic to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes while stirring occasionally so that they get a nice sear.
Just before turning off the heat, drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the veggies while stirring to coat all over (for about 1 minute).
Remove from the heat.
Place the arugula onto a serving platter and top with the roasted pepper mixture.
Scatter the chopped basil, pomegranate Arils and Parmesan cheese over the pepper salad.
Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the roasted pepper salad and serve with your favorite bread.