Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscotti
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscotti are reminiscent in taste of the much beloved peanut butter cookie!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of fine sea salts
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup golden yellow sugar or light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate covered peanuts roughly chopped
- lightly beaten egg white from one egg for brushing on the logs
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped chocolate covered peanuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium sized bowl and set aside
In a large bowl beat the butter, sugar and peanut butter on medium high speed just until fluffy for a minute or two.
Next, beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture just until combined.
Stir in the coarsely chopped peanuts.
Divide the dough in half and roll each portion on a lightly floured work surface into a 12 inch log and transfer each log to the prepared baking sheet.
Brush the biscotti with the beaten egg white.
Bake in preheated oven until golden brown for about 25 minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes.
Once cooled, slice the biscotti crosswise into 3/4 inch pieces and place upright back on the baking sheet.
Return to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Let cool then drizzle with chocolate peanut butter and sprinkle some chopped chocolate covered peanuts.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER DRIZZLE
Place the 2 ounces of chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave for about 60 seconds while stirring every 15 seconds till melted.
Stir in the peanut butter until well combined.
Drizzle the chocolate peanut butter over the biscotti and sprinkle with the remaining chopped chocolate covered peanuts.