Slow Cooker Chocolate Raspberry Brownies are sure to please the most finicky eaters. These treats are fudgy, chewy and oh so chocolaty and with all the attributes of a great brownie! You’ll only need 15 minutes of prep time and your slow cooker does the rest!
These chocolate brownies came to be purely by mishap and all because my gas oven refused to ignite but that’s a whole other story.
I had never before used my slow cooker in baking. I’ve always associated it with savory meals and never would have thought it could produce such a delightful treat.
A whole other chocolate recipe was lined up for Valentine’s Day on my blog. I sat there going stir crazy as to what I could possibly do…and then Ricardo saved the day! Ricardo si! With a sudden flashback of these slow cooker chocolate brownies with its crackly, crispy top, I zeroed in on just the exact Ricardo magazine which had graced these beauties on the front cover no less.
You will find that these brownies are not on the cakey side but rather more dense in texture and will satisfy any chocolate cravings you may have. With crispy outer edges and soft fudgy middles, they are sure to please every palette. As an added bonus, prep time is fairly quick and easy and the slow cooker slowly and surely wins the race.
For Fail Proof Slow Cooker Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
You’ll want to first start by preparing your slow cooker. Make sure to grease the inside with butter or margarine.
To prevent scorched edges and also facilitate the removal of the brownies, line the bottom of the slow cooker with parchment paper, over extending along the sides.
Slow cookers vary from one model to another therefore use the estimated cooking time as a guideline. I increased mine by 10 minutes.
Feel free to use any good quality dark chocolate of your choice. I used dark raspberry chocolate left over from these Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cheese Cookies.
These brownies are rather lovely on their own but a scoop of ice-cream certainly makes them a little more indulgent!
If you make this recipe remember to tag @marisasitaliankitchen on Instagram so I can see your creation!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
- 150 grams dark raspberry chocolate or any dark chocolate of your choice
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 walnuts roasted and chopped (optional)
- Use butter or margarine to butter the inside of your slow cooker.
- Cut out a piece of parchment paper large enough to line the bottom while extending up the sides of the slow cooker.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Next, melt the butter and chocolate together on high while stirring at 30 second intervals.
- Once melted allow the chocolate and butter mixture to cool.
- When cooled whisk in the sugar.
- Next, whisk in the eggs, vanilla and the salt.
- Add the flour to the mixture and stir well for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts and pour the mixture into the prepared slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on low heat for about 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Not all slow cookers are made equally and the cooking times can vary. I added 10 extra minutes to the cooking time.
- You will want to look for edges that are thoroughly cooked while the center is somewhat softer.
- When the brownies are ready, remove the inside container from the slow cooker and allow to cool for about 1 hour with the lid on.
- Once cooled run a rubber spatula around the brownies.
- For easy removal, hold on to the excess parchment paper and pull up then out onto a cutting board. (This is easier if brownies are completely cooled)